Beau Dantin, MA, LPC, NCC, MFT
Phone: (225) 610-5207
Please download, complete, and bring these documents to your first session:
Beau graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Southeastern Louisiana University in 2008. He earned his Master’s Degree in Marriage & Family Therapy and Counseling from Reformed Theological Seminary in 2010. Beau is currently a recognized Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) with the state of Louisiana. He is a Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC) and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
While earning his Master’s Degree in Mississippi, Beau worked as a clinical intern with the Center for Marriage & Family Therapy in Jackson and with the intensive outpatient unit of Three Oaks Behavioral Health Clinic in Ridgeland. Between these two internships he logged over 525 hours of face-to-face counseling experience and over 2,000 clinical hours. This extensive educational and clinical program gave him the foundation he needed in the service of his client’s needs throughout his over 10 years of practice.
Beau moved back to Baton Rouge, LA to begin his LMFT internship and LPC internship with Murphy Toerner & Associates (MTA) in 2010. He served the Baton Rouge and Hammond communities. In 2013 he took the position of Family Therapist and Counselor at Woodlake Addiction and Recovery Center. In 2014 Beau became a Licensed Professional Counselor, a Nationally Certified Counselor, and began working part-time in private practice at Baton Rouge Counseling Associates. In 2015, he became a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Also in that year, Beau became the Clinical Director and Family Therapist at The Serenity Treatment Center of Louisiana- Baton Rouge’s only co-ed dual diagnosis residential facility providing mental health and substance addiction. There he heads a team of counselors providing mental health and addiction counseling, education and skills to clients and their families.
Areas of Expertise: Common Presenting Problems
• Individual Counseling : Depression, anxiety, job/career stress, life changes, direction
• Family Counseling: Parenting, blended families, co-parenting, systems and structure
• Marital Counseling: Intimacy, conflict resolution, sex, communication
• Grief and Loss: Death, major life change, illness
• Addiction and Substance Use: Recovery, 12 step work, boundaries, codependency, enabling, resources
• Families with Special Needs Children: support, adjusting, coping, resources
• Children and Teens (Ages 8+): Behavioral issues, boundaries/consequences, social interaction and relationships
• Men’s Issues: Career and family balance, goal direction and achievement, sexual health
• Spiritual Issues: Relationship, belief/doubt, direction.
I’ve been helping people in the mental health and relationship field since 2009. It’s my passion to help people that are broken, hurting, lost and need direction. I grew up in a blended home with step parents and 6 siblings and step siblings. I have personal experience on what it is like to not only be a therapist, but also a client.
I’ve been a Christian all my life and counsel that worldview and perspective. I’ve been married to my sweet wife Sara since 2008 and have amazing daughters.